Thursday, April 9, 2009

LL 12 - Learning Styles and Multiple Intelligences

My Learning Style - Auditory
Intelligence - Body Style (Kinesthetic)

The intelligence that the quiz came up with for me shocked me. While I am a dancer and enjoy moving around and playing sports, I have never really incorporated this into my studies and schoolwork. I find most of the suggestions for using this in classes annoying, actually, and would never want to trace letters or spell words out in magnets to learn their spelling. In the past I have found that I am much more inside my head than that, and learn best hearing things, as the learning style suggests. That is why I pick up so much information in lectures, and do well on lecture-based exams. However, writing things out also works well for me. I am not really a visual learner, though, so these seem to contradict each other in some ways. Since I was 6, though, I have been involved in dance classes, soccer, and other sports. I am always bouncing around and dancing without realizing it, so I guess this assessment does not really suprise me. I feel as though if students knew what their learning style was before entering a classroom, they would use it as an excuse for not wanting to do things that do not line up with their learning style. For instance, if the teacher was going to give a presentation, a student might "zone out" and then use the excuse that they aren't an auditory or visual learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment