Tuesday, January 13, 2009

LL1 - Questions

Going into this course, I was not quite sure what I would experience. Now, after the first class, I expect that we will learn about all of the objectives in the syllabus. I also think that it will be a lot easier to stay awake and concentrated in class than I anticipated. Three hours is a long time to focus, but this class should be stimulating enough to prevent too much daydreaming or "spacing out".

In order to keep the class stimulating, I expect my classmates to participate in group discussion and activities. I also think that it will be extremely helpful if everyone comes to class with the required work and reading done, and be fully prepared.

I think that an important aspect of this class will be the instructor. I think that Mr. Sessums' role will be not only to instruct at times, but also to facilitate discussion between the students. That would make this class very interesting and keep us focused. I would also like for him to allow us to express our thoughts and opinions without consequence, and encourage creative thought.

I know a fair amount about computers and technology, but am excited to learn about the new resources Mr. Sessums is introducing us to in this class. One problem I anticipate is getting used to Macs, since I am a PC person. Could we please have a more in-depth review of Macs, or at least be given the opportunity to explore them during one class? I was also wondering if we will be learning how to use the new technologies that are being put into classrooms, such as SmartBoards and the projecting systems.

Following my statement of expectations for Mr. Sessums, I leave you with this:

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment